WordPress Web Design for Your Business: Pros and Cons
WordPress is, by far, the most popular platform for website design. According to recent statistics, nearly 35% of all websites on the Internet are powered by WordPress. While it is widely spread and highly efficient for specific purposes, it might not be the best choice for your business. We’ve collected some pros and cons of WordPress web design to make it easier for you to decide whether this platform is right for your particular project or not.
What is WordPress?
It is hard to imagine that someone hasn’t heard of WordPress. Being the number one solution for blogging, it ranks high when it comes to web design. By definition, WordPress is a content management system, or CMS. It is open-source software that comes free for everyone. As mentioned, WordPress web design is a perfect choice for a blog; also, it would be fitting for building small business site design. Now, let’s go to its pros and cons.
Pros and cons of WordPress web design
- It is free. Technically. You still need a domain name and hosting power. Plus, there are premium features available for all interested.
- Plenty of catching designs. You can find themes for all types of businesses and all purposes.
- Lots of plugins and add-ons. Maintaining them may be a pain in the neck, but it greatly enhances the overall quality of the site.
- SEO friendly. WordPress is an SEO-friendly platform, though it requires some SEO experience.
- An enormous community. With lots of WordPress users, it is easier to find solutions to common and not-so-common problems.
- Coding competency required. Mostly for customization, but you will have to go through basics anyway.
- Needs checking for updates. You need to check the relevant plugins and extensions so that your design won’t collapse.
- It’s not omnidirectional. WordPress is not the best solution for business website design; there are more effective platforms in this regard.
- It’s vulnerable. Security issues may be quite common for WordPress, which makes it a prime target for hackers.
WordPress web design is a superb option for many, and yet not for all. Offering extensive adaptability and friendliness to its users, it is a good basement for building a new website. Along with that, if you are aiming at a one-of-a-kind website design, then you will definitely need professionals here. Only experienced web developers can squeeze the most out of WordPress and help you achieve miraculous results.