WordPress Web Design in New York: Do’s and Don’ts for Beginners
WordPress is, by far, the most widespread and affordable web design builder. It’s no wonder that many entry-level NYC web designers hone their skills with this CMS. Due to the lack of awareness and experience, many tend to step on the same rake when it comes to web design and web development. We believe that knowledge should be shared so that new generations can embrace it and do things differently. Today, let’s discuss WordPress web design in New York and most fundamental do’s and don’ts for beginners, which can help industry newcomers guard against common errors in the process of website creation.
WordPress web design in New York: do’s and don’ts
- Do customize your theme. As a beginner, you might want to make your WordPress web design distinguishable. Take your time to customize your theme, font, and colors because this will make your website unique.
- Do use the template tags whenever possible. Utilize template tags as much as possible. In such a way, you can ensure that your web page design and themes won’t crush in the future.
- Do think of features for your clients/customers. WordPress provides a wide list of features (advanced security, multi-language support, personalization, etc.), which can enhance customer experience and thus work for your benefit.
- Do find images and videos of superior quality. Low-quality images and videos are a disaster for any responsive web design. There are lots of services where you can find free high-resolution media. Use them!
- Don’t copy others’ work. Stealing, imitating, and copying are unacceptable in the world of WordPress web design in New York. Make your own brand and use others’ creations for inspiration only.
- Don’t overload your web design with plugins. Plugins come across as a big asset for your web design only when used appropriately. A bunch of flashy plugins will only mar the impression.
- Don’t use copyrighted data. Don’t use any content, be it a photo, text, or video, without permission to do it. Again, there are lots of sources online for that purpose.
- Don’t forget to update your website. If you have no time for updating your website, you can hardly achieve the desired progress. It takes time, but it does make the difference for your web design.
If you need to build a custom WordPress web design in New York, feel free to contact Beluga Lab, an experienced WordPress development firm. Your success is our motivation!